Review the Best Refrigerators for 2013
2013′s Top Refrigerators
Looking at all that’s happened in the world of refrigerators this past year … from igloos made entirely of refrigerators, to ancient refrigerators being brought into the public spotlight, to the largest capacity consumer refrigerator ever being released by LG … it’s been quite a ride!
We’ve seen top and bottom freezer configurations finally getting in-door dispensers, something that was long over-due. Doors-In-Doors, LCD screens, LED lighting, and Wifi enabled refrigerators became more mainstream. Of course our favorite development of 2012 would have to be FridgeDimensions.com going live, turning the frustrating task of searching for the perfect refrigerator into an breeze!
Looking forward to 2013, we at FridgeDimensions.com are excited to see what the new year has in store for our kitchens. We’ve looked at thousands of refrigerators and have come up with a list of the best refrigerators available on the market today in just about every category we could dream up. But enough with the preliminaries, let’s get down to business! Looking ahead to 2013 the Awards for Best Refrigerators currently available go to …
Best Top Freezer Refrigerators for 2013
- Top Freezer: Best in Refrigerator Efficiency
- Top Freezer: Best in Refrigerator Design
- Top Freezer: Best in Refrigerator Feature Set
- Top Freezer: Best in Refrigerator Innovation
- Top Freezer: Best in Refrigerator Value
- Best Overall Top Freezer Refrigerator
Top Freezers bring a traditional look to the kitchen. Refrigerators in this configuration tend to be more energy efficient than any of the others. On the other hand, they also may seem a bit boring and the lower fresh food compartment can make using the fridge more difficult.
Still, this is the mainstay fridge configuration and isn’t going away. With new features such as in-door water dispensers and contoured doors becoming more common, it’s a better time than ever before to avail of the energy efficiency advantages offered by Top Freezer refrigerators.
Best Bottom Freezer Refrigerators for 2013
- Bottom Freezer: Best in Refrigerator Efficiency
- Bottom Freezer: Best in Refrigerator Design
- Bottom Freezer: Best in Refrigerator Feature Set
- Bottom Freezer: Best in Refrigerator Innovation
- Bottom Freezer: Best in Refrigerator Value
- Best Overall Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
Bottom Freezer refrigerators aren’t that common, but make a lot of sense. With energy efficiency that rivals that of Top Freezer refrigerators it’s an environmentally friendly choice. Unlike Top Freezers though, you get a better kitchen work environment with a bottom freezer.
With a Bottom Freezer fridge you have the choice of going with a freezer drawer or freezer drawer. This allows you to pick the option that’s right for your situation. More importantly though, having the fresh food compartment at a level you don’t have to stoop down to reach makes the Bottom Freezer perhaps the most user (and back) friendly configuration.
Best Side By Side Refrigerators for 2013
Side By Side refrigerators have been one of the mainstays in kitchens for decades now. With a freezer and fresh food compartment both allowing for quick access at eye-level, as well as less commonly used storage lower down, you get the best of both worlds with a Side By Side layout.
Unlike Bottom Freezers and French Doors, Side By Side refrigerators are available in a wide range of options from most manufacturers.
Best French Door Refrigerators for 2013
- French Door: Best in Refrigerator Efficiency
- French Door: Best in Refrigerator Design
- French Door: Best in Refrigerator Feature Set
- French Door: Best in Refrigerator Innovation
- French Door: Best in Refrigerator Value
- Best Overall French Door Refrigerator
French Door refrigerators look elegant and classy. Their large fresh food capacity at eye level makes them very user friendly. With double doors allow you to easily access as much of the fresh food compartment as you want, without necessarily having to open it all up at once.
Often French Door refrigerators have the best feature set, as they’re seen as something of a premium model just from their layout.
Best Freezerless (All) Refrigerators for 2013
For those who just want fresh food capacity, an All Refrigerator make a lot of sense. For those who need a lot of capacity, pairing an All Refrigerator with a matching upright freezer can be the best option. This way you can reach upwards of 60 cubic feet of fridge/freezer capacity, or have great capacity even with a counter-depth look.
Often Freezerless refrigerators are sold in pairs with matching All Freezer models for this very reason.
Best Built-In Refrigerators for 2013
- Built-In: Best in Refrigerator Efficiency
- Built-In: Best in Refrigerator Design
- Built-In: Best in Refrigerator Feature Set
- Built-In: Best in Refrigerator Innovation
- Built-In: Best in Refrigerator Value
- Best Overall Built-In Refrigerator
For those who want a flawless kitchen, often Built-In refrigerators are the only way to go. Creating a seemless look with surrounding cabinets, it’s hard to argue with this option on anything other than the substantial pricetag.
Custom panel kits can even allow you to create refrigerators that look like they actually are part of your cabinetry.
Best Counter Depth Refrigerators for 2013
- Counter Depth: Best in Refrigerator Efficiency
- Counter Depth: Best in Refrigerator Design
- Counter Depth: Best in Refrigerator Feature Set
- Counter Depth: Best in Refrigerator Innovation
- Counter Depth: Best in Refrigerator Value
- Best Overall Counter Depth Refrigerator
A hybrid solution between Built-In and Freestanding refrigerators, Counter Depth is the option for those who want a more integrated look without spending thousands of extra dollars. Counter Depth refrigerators don’t offer as much capacity per width and height, though often are larger in these dimensions to offset their lesser depth.
Many consumers find Counter Depth models more usable due to not having to reach so far back into the refrigerator when hunting for that jar of pickles that’s been pushed to the back.
Best Under-Counter Refrigerators for 2013
- Under-Counter: Best in Refrigerator Efficiency
- Under-Counter: Best in Refrigerator Design
- Under-Counter: Best in Refrigerator Feature Set
- Under-Counter: Best in Refrigerator Innovation
- Under-Counter: Best in Refrigerator Value
- Best Overall Under-Counter Refrigerator
Under-Counter refrigerators are a special variety of Built-In refrigerators. These half-height or drawer sized refrigerators offer quick and efficient access, as well as an integrated look that won’t detract from your kitchen decor. Beverage and Wine refrigerators are especially common in this category of fridges.
Also, most Outdoor refrigerators are made in the Under-Counter configuration.
Best Mini Fridge for 2013
- Mini Fridge: Best in Refrigerator Efficiency
- Mini Fridge: Best in Refrigerator Design
- Mini Fridge: Best in Refrigerator Feature Set
- Mini Fridge: Best in Refrigerator Innovation
- Mini Fridge: Best in Refrigerator Value
- Best Overall Mini Fridge
Mini Fridges are the fun and flexible member of the refrigerator family. Whether you need a Portable refrigerator to take with you to keep drinks cool at the beach, or a small fridge for your office or workshop, a Mini Fridge is sure to fit your needs perfectly.
Energy efficiency isn’t a strong suit of Mini Fridges, but the huge variation in styles and colors means they’ll always be popular.
Best Compact Refrigerator for 2013
- Compact Fridge: Best in Refrigerator Efficiency
- Compact Fridge: Best in Refrigerator Design
- Compact Fridge: Best in Refrigerator Feature Set
- Compact Fridge: Best in Refrigerator Innovation
- Compact Fridge: Best in Refrigerator Value
- Best Overall Compact Refrigerator
Compact refrigerators fill an important void between Full Sized refrigerators and Mini Fridges. You’ll find Compact refrigerators in dorm rooms, offices, hotel rooms, and small apartments.
You’ll also find Compact refrigerators in the homes of energy conscious consumers as they tend to use less energy than their larger and smaller cousins. However, don’t take it for granted that a smaller fridge will use less energy. Some Compact refrigerators have great energy efficiency, while others are sadly lacking in that department.
Best Wine and Beverage Refrigerator for 2013
- Beverage: Best in Refrigerator Efficiency
- Beverage: Best in Refrigerator Design
- Beverage: Best in Refrigerator Feature Set
- Beverage: Best in Refrigerator Innovation
- Beverage: Best in Refrigerator Value
- Best Overall Compact Refrigerator
Not concerning themselves with freezer capacity, gallon door bins, or most of the featuers we associate with refrigerators … Wine and Beverage refrigerators do one thing and do it well … keep our drinks at the perfect temperature.
Generally in Built-In and Compact configurations, and with Glass Doors to show off their interiors, whether it’s a rack of wine for long term storage or soda cans for convenient refreshment, Wine and Beverage refrigerators are there to serve beautifully.
Best Retro Refrigerators for 2013
- Retro Fridge: Best in Refrigerator Efficiency
- Retro Fridge: Best in Refrigerator Design
- Retro Fridge: Best in Refrigerator Feature Set
- Retro Fridge: Best in Refrigerator Innovation
- Retro Fridge: Best in Refrigerator Value
- Best Overall Retro Refrigerator
Everything comes full circle, and the Retro fridge look is back in fashion again. Where they differ from Vintage refrigerators they mimic, is that Retro refrigerators are manufactured to modern standards. This means they are more energy efficient and may have features that you couldn’t find on Vintage refrigerators.
The popularity of Retro refrigerators certainly isn’t hurt by the wide range of colors that they are available in. If you’re looking for an orange, pink, green, or just about any other color that isn’t white, black, or metallic, you’re likely to end up with a Retro fridge.
Best of Category for 2013
- Refrigerator Efficiency: Best Overall Efficiency
- Refrigerator Design: Best Overall Design
- Refrigerator Feature Set: Best Overall Features
- Refrigerator Innovation: Best Overall Innovation
- Refrigerator Value: Best Overall Value
Now that we’ve seen how the refrigerators stack up against others in their class, it’s time to look at how they compare to all refrigerators. Are Top Freezers really the most efficient? Can French Door’s be competed with when it comes to looks and features? Here we feature the Best of the Best Refrigerators for 2013!
Best Overall Refrigerator for 2013
And now the highlight of the show, the Best Overall Refrigerator for 2013!